Just like in real life, you want to be remembered by your name and known for the good work you do on social media. Having a well-crafted Instagram username for dentists that is memorable, easy on the eye, and searchable, are probably the three key things that should be kept in mind if reaching out to more patients is the objective.
In this article, we will walk you through the important aspects of creating the best Instagram name for your dental page, setting you up with a winning chance of being discovered.
- How to format your dentist Instagram name
- How to choose the best dental Instagram name
- 5 dental Instagram username ideas
- Automatically generate a name with an Instagram name generator
Once done, you’ll be able to draft a username that perfectly describes you and your practice.
How to format your dentist Instagram name
Your Instagram username is your first chance to impress your audience. Whether you keep it simple with your name or come up with a creative handle that educates your user about what your page might be about, it has to be clear and easy to understand.
Here are some formatting tips that you can keep in mind when drafting your Instagram username:
1. Mention your Instagram name in the bio
Since your handle name will appear as one word, all in lowercase, it is important to rewrite it as separate words in your bio so that it is clear to your visitors that they have arrived at the right profile. Some users may also type your (practice) name as separate words in the search bar, since they may not know your handle name. So when they see that your handle name matches the name in your bio, they know it’s your profile. Aside from stylistic reasons, you should try to use proper case for easy readability as well.
2. Leave punctuation between words
Instagram allows you to use only periods (“.”) and underscores (“_”) for your Instagram name. Even though there is no right or wrong way to come up with a name for your Instagram handle, users find it easier to read a name if it’s broken up with punctuation. If your handle name is just your first name and last name or contains three or four words, make sure you add punctuation between each word to make it easier to read quickly.
3. Don’t make it too long
Instagram puts a 30 character limit on your name. You’ll need to do your best to come up with a creative name that fits within that character count. While you don’t have to use up all the space, you want to come up with something that speaks to your profession and is easy to remember. The longer your name is, the harder it will be to remember, so keep it short, simple, and to the point.
4. Keep it consistent throughout all platforms
Before you go ahead and finalize a name for your Instagram handle, make sure you check its availability on other social media platforms as well. Not only does it look professional having the same username consistent across platforms, but it is a great way to cross-promote your social channels. While you may feel overwhelmed thinking about creating content for all platforms, using the ‘Share to’ feature, you can create a 360-degree marketing strategy from day one.
How to choose the best dental Instagram name
When it comes to choosing dentist Instagram names that will help you showcase your practice to potential patients even before they enter your office, there are some cardinal sins that you must avoid. To make sure you don’t make these errors, we’ll take you through the key points to keep in mind when coming up with a username.
1. Easy to spell
Even though you can use letters, numbers, and punctuation to craft your Instagram name, you don’t want to stuff it with overly complicated combinations. Your audience is not going to spend more than a minute searching for you on Instagram as they have numerous alternatives to choose from. By making sure your name is easy to read, comprehend, and recognize, you’ll make sure they choose you – and remember you and return later.
2. Speaks to your brand
You can keep it simple by just using your practice name so that your current patients and page visitors know who you are. Assuming that your practice name indicates what type of dental practice you are, even before your audience looks at your content, your handle name gives it away to your audience. Do your best to capture your brand’s tone and style with your name as well; if you are strictly business professional, you will likely want to use a similarly styled name, but if you are a bit more casual and laid-back, you can let your name reflect that.
3. Don’t hesitate to use the word ‘dentist’ or ‘dental’
Whether you are creating a professional account for yourself as a dentist or for your practice, the word ‘dentist’ or ‘dental’ is a great way to show up on the search results page. This takes the guesswork out of what your page is all about, giving your visitors an immediate impression to decide whether or not to follow you.
4. Embody an emotion
If you want to get a little more creative, you can tap into an emotion, a thing, or a feeling that your audience can relate to when they think of visiting the dentist or choosing to follow you. For example, someone who is looking for a cosmetic dentist may resonate with names like ‘Beautiful Smiles’ or ‘Perfect White Teeth’.
5 dental Instagram username ideas
Coming up with Instagram names for dentists can be quite a daunting task, especially if you are new to the platform and are trying to build a following. The following broad themes represent the direction that you can choose to take to craft a username for your dental Instagram page.
Catchy dental Instagram name ideas
To be able to stand out in the crowd, starting with a creative and catchy handle name is not a bad idea at all! You could think of a play on words that are related to the dental profession, or a pun or phrase that can be modified. Let us look at some examples below:
- Tooth or Dare: tooth.or.dare | tooth_or_dare | toothordare | Check out toothordare.podcast!
- Flossopher: your.flossopher | the.flossogram | Check out flossophy_ as well!
- Just Floss It: dr.flossit | just.floss.it | Check out justflossit for a real example!
- Word of Mouth: word.of.mouthdentistry | word_of_mouth | Check out wordofmouthdentistry to see it yourself!
- Blonde and Toothy: blonde.and.teethco | blondetooth.company | Go see blondeandtoothy’s Instagram!
Instagram names for your professional dentist account
Using your name as it is or adding a word or a phrase to it to sell you as an expert in your field is also a very popular technique. Check out the following templates and examples of approaches taken by famous dental influencers:
- Using your title and name: dr.name | doctor.name | Check out dryazdan and drbrianharris to see how it’s done!
- Building your personal brand: smile.with.name | teeth_by_name | See smilewithcallie, flossinwithlauren, and teethbylottie for leading examples!
- Using an alias: queen_of_floss | floss.boss | Check out drfloss or drteethboutique to see it in practice (pun intended)!
Instagram names that speak to your dental specialization
Many dental professionals have seen tremendous value in reflecting their specialty in their Instagram name. This could be something as simple as your practice name, which may already have your specialization in its name, or something more creative to embody what you do.
- Pediatric dental clinic: tooth_fairy | tooth.fairy.dental | toothfairy.dental | Check out toothfairyofwindsor!
- Cosmetic dental clinic: sparkly.smiles | smiles_that_sparkle | Also note how drbilldorfman includes this distinction in his bio instead!
- Root canals and surgical specialists: root_canal_pal | crown.specialist | Check out root.canal.gal and rootcanalspecialist for examples!
- Orthodontist services: boss.braces | ortho.dr.name | Check out thebracesguy, preroorthodontics, and dr.courtney.ortho for great examples!
Instagram names that mention your dental qualification
Instead of just using your name as you would do for your personal Instagram profile, most dental professionals prefer adding their title or qualification to stand out as a professional account. By doing this, the users already know that they’ll find less personal content and posts that are meant to support the dental practitioner’s business.
- Showcase your actual qualifications: name.dds | dmd_name | See connellydds, charlotte.etesse.dds, dr.ritadds to see how others have done it!
- Distinguish your profession: name_hygienist | name.the.dentist | Check out hygienist_tiff, joycethedentist, thedentalassistantlife for examples!
- Leverage your industry: name.family.dentistry | ortho.name | See brittanyindentistry, kriegerortho, familydentalcaregroup to see it in use!
Dental Instagram names that highlight your personality
To create a perfect blend of personal and professional content for your dental Instagram profile, you can create a username that showcases one aspect of your personality along with your profession. This works more for your professional profile rather than your business account, which may well just be your practice’s name.
Your patients may like to get to know a little bit more about you outside of your profession, giving you the opportunity to break the monotony from posting just dental content. Below are some great examples to learn from, based on their different interests:
- Parenting: the.dentistmom | dental.school.mom
- Health: the.zen.dentist | fitlittlehygienist | dentalyogis
- Humor: dentistry_humor | rockstar_dentist | singingdentist
- Food & drink: thefoodie_dentist | thedentalwinegenist | sugarfixdentalloft
Automatically generate a name with an Instagram name generator
If you are struggling to come up with a creative name for your Instagram handle, there are name-generating tools that can help you with this. You are automatically presented with a wide variety of options to help you get thinking in the right direction and find a name that represents your brand.
- SpinXO: To generate multiple unique username ideas on SpinXO, all you have to do is answer six simple questions about yourself and hit the spin button until you find a name that you like.
- Nickfinder: This broad nickname generator lets you cycle through a wide variety of dentist names that can be used for Instagram. Simply generate new lists to see them five at a time.
- BizNameWiz: Meant for finding a business name, this automatic generator can be a useful tool when searching potential names to use for your Instagram account. Once searching a name, you can easily view available domains.
- Lingojam: With a simple interface, Lingojam users just have to start typing words in the first box that represent their brand to see multiple username ideas appear in the second box.
- Instagram Username Generator: Using artificial intelligence, Instagram Username Generator suggests names based on your input, after checking their availability on Instagram.
- Weshare: Weshare is a free Instagram name generator tool for your business that you can simply use by entering words and phrases that speak to your brand and clicking on the Generate button to reveal all your options.
Once you have finished crafting your Instagram username for yourself or your practice, the job doesn’t end there. Along with creating great quality engaging content for your audience that will land them on your website, your final goal must be to get them to book an appointment with you. NexHealth makes this process very easy for your practice as it allows them to see your availability in real-time and schedule appointments from anywhere and any device.
Schedule a demo with us today to find out more about how NexHealth can be the solution that can take your business to the next level!